SusannaG

Progress: 20 %
Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %

September Roundup

Bury Your Dead - Louise Penny A Conspiracy of Violence - Susanna Gregory Death at Victoria Dock - Kerry Greenwood The Nonesuch - Georgette Heyer The Yankee Club - Michael Murphy

An OK reading month all round, though not a stellar one.  As usual, I read a lot of historical fiction and mysteries (everything I finished this month being one or the other, or both).  What's not listed here are the longer NF reads I have going, which can take a while (though the end is in sight with at least one of them!).

No standout read this month.  Worst read: the only one below 3 stars, which was The Yankee Club, which would probably be fine for someone else, but didn't work for me.  (I didn't catch any major historical or grammatical boo-boos; it just wasn't my thing.)  I don't like thrillers much in a contemporary setting, and it turns out I don't like them much in a historical setting, either.  (Sign me up for allllllll the historical mysteries, though.)  I'd probably have liked the movie version better.  (I do like movie thrillers.  Consistency is the bugbear of little minds.  Or something.)