SusannaG

King Solomon's Mines
H. Rider Haggard
Progress: 4 %

Earworms: 1966

The Beatles, as John Lennon explains to The Evening Standard, "are bigger than Jesus."  NBC knows this, and creates their own band, The Monkees.

Big hits in 1966:  Good Vibrations (The Beach Boys), Strangers in the Night (Frank Sinatra), Uptight (Everything's Alright) (Stevie Wonder), These Boots Are Made For Walking (Nancy Sinatra), Ballad of the Green Berets (Sgt. Barry Sadler), (You're My) Soul and Inspiration (The Righteous Brothers), Monday Monday (The Mamas and the Papas), When a Man Loves a Woman (Percy Sledge), Paint It Black (The Rolling Stones), I am a Rock (Simon & Garfunkel), Red Rubber Ball (Cyrcle), You Don't Have To Say You Love Me (Dusty Springfield), Wild Thing (The Troggs), Along Comes Mary (The Association), Summer in the City (The Lovin' Spoonful), Sunshine Superman (Donovan), You Can't Hurry Love (The Supremes), Bus Stop (The Hollies), 96 Tears (? and the Mysterians), I'm a Believer (The Monkees), and Last Train to Clarksville (The Monkees).

Beatles hits: Yellow Submarine, Eleanor Rigby, Paperback Writer, Rain, and Nowhere Man.