SusannaG

1913: The Eve of War
Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %

Earworms: 1968

The Beatles go to India, start work on The White Album, and begin to break up.  Hair opens on Broadway.  The Yardbirds dissolve, and Led Zeppelin rises from their ashes.

Big hits in 1968: Jumping Jack Flash (The Rolling Stones), What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong), (Sitting on) the Dock of the Bay (Otis Redding), Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing (Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell), All Along the Watchtower (Jimi Hendrix Experience), Bend Me Shape Me (The American Breed), Born to Be Wild (Steppenwolf), Build Me Up Buttercup (The Foundations), Chain of Fools (Aretha Franklin), Dance to the Music (Sly and the Family Stone), Harper Valley PTA (Jeanie C. Riley), Hello I Love You (The Doors), I'm Going To Make You Love Me (The Supremes and the Temptations), In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Iron Butterfly), Love Child (The Supremes), MacArthur Park (Richard Harris), Magic Bus (The Who), Midnight Confessions (The Grass Roots), Mighty Quinn (Manfred Mann), Mony Mony (Tommy James and the Shondells), Mrs. Robinson (Simon & Garfunkel), Piece of My Heart (Big Brother and Holding Company), Pictures of Matchstick Men (Status Quo), Say It Loud (I'm Black and I'm Proud) (James Brown), Son of a Preacher Man (Dusty Springfield), Sunshine of Your Love (Cream), Suzie Q (CCR), Valleri (The Monkees), The Weight (The Band), White Room (Cream), and You Ain't Goin' Nowhere (The Byrds).

Beatles hits: Hello Goodbye, Hey Jude, Lady Madonna, and Revolution.