SusannaG

Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %

Earworms: 1972

It is 1972.

Highway 51 in Memphis is renamed "Elvis Presley Boulevard."  A Led Zeppelin concert in Singapore is cancelled after local authorities refuse to let the band members off the plane, due to their long hair.  The US starts to attempt to deport John Lennon.  ABBA and Van Halen form.

Big hits in 1972: Let's Stay Together (Al Green), Heart of Gold (Neil Young), The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (Roberta Flack), I'll Take You There (The Staples Singers), The Candy Man (Sammy Davis, Jr.), Song Sung Blue (Neil Diamond), Lean On Me (Bill Withers) Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) (Looking Glass), Ben (Michael Jackson), Papa Was a Rolling Stone (The Temptations), I Am Woman (Helen Reddy), Anticipation (Carly Simon), Back Stabbers (The O'Jays), Burning Love (Elvis), Day After Day (Badfinger), Doctor My Eyes (Jackson Browne), Easy Livin' (Uriah Heep), Garden Party (Rick Nelson), Go All the Way (Raspberries), Hold Your Head Up (Argent), Honky Cat (Elton John), Jesus Is Just Alright (The Doobie Brothers), Join Together (The Who), Layla (Eric Clapton), Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress (The Hollies), Mother and Child Reunion (Paul Simon), Puppy Love (Donny Osmond), Rocket Man (Elton John), Rockin' Robin (The Jackson 5), Roundabout (Yes), Saturday in the Park (Chicago), School's Out (Alice Cooper), and Witchy Woman (The Eagles).