SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %
Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %
Cosmic Quest Cd (Bbc Audio)
Heather Couper
Firedrake's Eye
Patricia Finney
Progress: 15/249 pages

Earworms: 1973

It's 1973.

The Rolling Stones raise $500,000 for Nicaraguan earthquake relief ($350,000 in proceeds from a charity concert; $150,000 gift from Mick Jagger).  Kiss, Heart, and AC/DC form.  Pink Floyd releases Dark Side of the Moon.  It will stay on the U.S. album charts for the next 471 weeks, going off in 1988.  Led Zeppelin tours the U.S., breaking attendance records previously held by the Beatles.  David Bowie decides he's not Ziggy Stardust anymore.  The Roxy opens in Los Angeles, and CBGB in New York.  The Who release Quadrophenia.  Keith Moon passes out at their concert at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, and a lucky fan is picked out of the crowd to take his place on the drums for the rest of the night.  The Byrds, Doors, and Velvet Underground break up.

Big hits in 1973: Angie (The Rolling Stones), Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Old Oak Tree (Tony Orlando and Dawn), Ballroom Blitz (Sweet), Crocodile Rock (Elton John), Killing Me Softly With His Song (Roberta Flack), You're So Vain (Carly Simon), Superstition (Stevie Wonder), Love Train (The O'Jays), You Are the Sunshine Of My Life (Stevie Wonder), My Love (Paul McCartney & Wings), Give Me Love (George Harrison), Bad Bad Leroy Brown (Jim Croce), Touch Me in the Morning (Diana Ross), Let's Get It On (Marvin Gaye), We're An American Band (Grand Funk Railroad), Half Breed (Cher), Midnight Train to Georgia (Gladys Knight and the Pips), Top of the World (The Carpenters), Ain't No Woman Like the One I've Got (The Four Tops), Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (Elton John), Let Me Be There (Olivia Newton-John), Live and Let Die (Paul McCartney & Wings), Money (Pink Floyd), Rocky Mountain High (John Denver), Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple), We May Never Pass This Way Again (Seals & Crofts), Yesterday Once More (The Carpenters), and Your Mama Don't Dance (Loggins & Messina).