SusannaG

Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %

Earworms: 1975

It's 1975.

And disco is in bloom.  Bill Graham stages a benefit concert for San Fransisco's public schools, featuring the Grateful Dead, Doobie Brothers, Santana, Jefferson Starship, The Band, and a surprise appearance by Bob Dylan.  The film of The Who's Tommy premieres.  The Talking Heads, Iron Maiden, and The Sex Pistols form.  Peter Gabriel leaves Genesis.  David Bowie has his first #1 hit in the U.S.  Bruce Springsteen makes the covers of both Time and Newsweek - in the same week.

Big hits: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (Elton John), Mandy (Barry Manilow), Please Mr. Postman (The Carpenters), You're No Good (Linda Ronstadt), Best of My Love (The Eagles), Have You Never Been Mellow (Olivia Newton-John), Black Water (The Doobie Brothers), My Eyes Adored You (Frankie Valli), Lady Marmalade (Labelle), Philadelphia Freedom (Elton John), Shining Star (Earth, Wind, & Fire), Thank God I'm a Country Boy (John Denver), Love Will Keep Us Together (Captain & Tennille), The Hustle (Van McCoy), One of These Nights (The Eagles), Jive Talkin' (The Bee Gees), Get Down Tonight (KC and the Sunshine Band), Rhinestone Cowboy (Glenn Campbell), Fame (David Bowie), That's the Way (I Like It) (KC and the Sunshine Band).

(ETA: No disco party last week, as class was cancelled due to ice storm.)