SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %

Earworms: 1977

It is 1977.

Elvis dies.  FTD florists reports that all records for the delivery of flowers are broken, by fans sending floral arrangements to Graceland.  The Sex Pistols go through three record companies in four months.  Studio 54 opens.  The continuing theme of "light planes bad" continues, as the plane carrying Lynyrd Skynyrd from Greenville, S.C, to Baton Rouge, crashes, killing or injuring most of the band.  (I live in Greenville, and I have friends who were at their last concert.)  Bing Crosby's last Christmas special features one of the oddest duets seen on television in the 70s: Bing Crosby and David Bowie.  Saturday Night Fever opens.  INXS and The Police form.  Fleetwood Mac releases Rumours

Big Hits: Hotel California (The Eagles), I Feel Love (Donna Summer), Tonight's the Night (Rod Stewart), Car Wash (Rose Royce), New Kid in Town (The Eagles), Rich Girl (Hall & Oates), Don't Leave Me This Way (Thelma Houston), Southern Nights (Glen Campbell), Sir Duke (Stevie Wonder), I'm Your Boogie Man (KC and the Sunshine Band), Dreams (Fleetwood Mac), I Just Want to be Your Everything (Andy Gibb), Star Wars Theme (Meco), You Light Up My Life (Debby Boone; the most popular song OF THE DECADE in the U.S.), How Deep Is Your Love (Bee Gees), Fly Like an Eagle (Steve Miller Band), Barracuda (Heart), Cold As Ice (Foreigner), Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue (Crystal Gayle), Don't Stop (Thinking About Tomorrow) (Fleetwood Mac), Easy (The Commodores), Feels Like the First Time (Foreigner), Give a Little Bit (Supertramp), Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac), I Want You to Want Me (Cheap Trick), Jet Airliner (Steve Miller Band), Life in the Fast Lane (The Eagles), Margaritaville (Jimmy Buffett), Nobody Does it Better (Carly Simon), Walk this Way (Aerosmith), We Will Rock You/We are the Champions (Queen), and You Make Loving Fun (Fleetwood Mac).