SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %
Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %
Cosmic Quest Cd (Bbc Audio)
Heather Couper
Firedrake's Eye
Patricia Finney
Progress: 15/249 pages

Earworms: 1983

It is 1983.

Karen Carpenter dies.  Compact discs go on sale in the US.  US Secretary of the Interior James Watt bans The Beach Boys in favor of Wayne Newton for the Fourth of July celebrations in Washington, D.C., claiming the Beach Boys "attract the wrong element."  (President Reagan, a Beach Boys fan, presents Watt with a plaster foot with a hole in it.)  Michael Jackson debuts the Moonwalk in a performance of Billie Jean on The Motown 25 Special, marking the 25th anniversary of Motown Records.  Michael Jackson becomes the first black artist to go into heavy rotation on MTV.  Bon Jovi, Run-D.M.C., Poison, and Megadeath form.

Big Hits: Every Breath You Take (The Police), Africa (Toto), Billie Jean (Michael Jackson), Come On Eileen (Dexys Midnight Runners), Beat It (Michael Jackson), Let's Dance (David Bowie), Flashdance (What a Feeling) (Irene Cara), Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) (Eurythmics), Tell Her About It (Billy Joel), Total Eclipse of the Heart (Bonnie Tyler), Islands in the Stream (Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton), All Night Long (All Night) (Lionel Richie), Say Say Say (Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson), She Works Hard for the Money (Donna Summer), Hungry Like the Wolf (Duran Duran), Little Red Corvette (Prince), Sexual Healing (Marvin Gaye), (Keep Feeling) Fascination (Human League), The Safety Dance (Men Without Hats), 1999 (Prince), and Is there Something I Should Know? (Duran Duran).

Note: 1999 would have been an earworm, because it certainly is.  However, Prince does not allow his music on Youtube.  So I'm only picking 3 Earworm videos this week.