SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %

Earworms: 1987

It is 1987.

Sonny Bono runs for mayor of Palm Springs, California.  An American-Soviet rock concert is held to "facilitate peace" in Moscow, featuring The Doobie Brothers, Santana, Bonnie Raitt, and the Soviet band Autograph.  Guns N' Roses release what will be the biggest selling debut album of all time, Appetite for Destruction.  Launching of MTV Europe.  Nirvana forms.

Top hits: Livin' on a Prayer (Bon Jovi), Open Your Heart (Madonna), I Knew You Were Waiting (Aretha Franklin and George Michael), With or Without You (U2), I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Whitney Houston), Alone (Heart), I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (U2), Who's That Girl (Madonna), La Bamba (Los Lobos), Here I Go Again (Whitesnake), Bad (Michael Jackson), I Think We're Alone Now (Tiffany), Mony Mony (Billy Idol), I've Had The Time of My Life (Bill Medley and Jennifer Warres), Heaven is a Place on Earth (Belinda Carlisle), Faith (George Michael), Notorious (Duran Duran), Land of Confusion (Genesis), Keep Your Hands to Yourself (The Georgia Satellites), You Gotta Fight For Your Right to Party (Beastie Boys), Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House), Sign O' the Times (Prince), Rhythm Is Gonna Get You (Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine), Touch of Grey (The Grateful Dead), U Got the Look (Prince), Little Lies (Fleetwood Mac), Shake Your Love (Debbie Gibson), and The One I Love (R.E.M.).