SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %
Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %
Cosmic Quest Cd (Bbc Audio)
Heather Couper
Firedrake's Eye
Patricia Finney
Progress: 15/249 pages

Yes, I Read Historicals

Dissolution - C.J. Sansom March - Geraldine Brooks His Majesty's Dragon -  Naomi Novik The Beekeeper's Apprentice - Laurie R. King Wolf Hall - Hilary Mantel Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell - Susanna Clarke The Grand Sophy - Georgette Heyer The First Man in Rome - Colleen McCullough Yankee Stranger - Elswyth Thane I, Claudius - Robert Graves

Mostly historical mystery, but also a straight historical novel and some historical romance, and occasionally even what I think I'd call "historical fantasy."

I've been reading historical novels since the 1970s, when I was still in elementary school (I believe The King Must Die was my first adult historical novel), and my mother gave me my first historical romances at 12 - novels by Georgette Heyer and Elswyth Thane.

I've listed a few of my favorite historical reads (in different sub-genres).