SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %
Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %
Cosmic Quest Cd (Bbc Audio)
Heather Couper
Firedrake's Eye
Patricia Finney
Progress: 15/249 pages

Earworms: 1991

It is 1991.

An all-star recording of Give Peace a Chance is released, the day before the Gulf War gets hot.  Three people are crushed to death at an AC/DC concert in Salt Lake City.  Rio hosts the concert Rock in Rio II to massive crowds; headliners include Prince, INXS, Guns 'N Roses, and New Kids on the Block.  Whitney Houston performs the Star Spangled Banner at the Superbowl; the recording later becomes a hit.  Michael Jackson signs a contract with Sony Music for 1 billion dollars.  Madonna releases the movie Truth or Dare.  The first Lollapalooza tour features Jane's Addiction, Siouxie and the Banshees, and Nine Inch Nails.  Nirvana releases their second album, Nevermind.  A free concert memorial in honor of the late concert promoter Bill Graham is held at San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, featuring Santana, The Grateful Dead, Journey, and Crosby Stills Nash & Young.  George Harrison goes on tour for the first time since 1974, making a tour of Japan.  Death of Eddie Mercury.  Oasis and Rage Against the Machine form.

Big Hits: Everything I Do (I Do It For You) (Bryan Adams), Justify My Love (Madonna), Love Will Never Do (Without You) (Janet Jackson), Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) (C+C Music Factory featuring Freedom Williams), Someday (Mariah Carey), You're In Love (Wilson Phillips), Baby Baby (Amy Grant), Joyride (Roxette), More Than Words (Extreme), Rush Rush (Paula Abdul), Unbelievable (EMF), I Adore Mi Amor (Color Me Badd), Emotions (Mariah Carey), Cream (Prince and the New Power Generation), When a Man Loves a Woman (Michael Bolton), Black or White (Michael Jackson), Wicked Game (Chris Isaak), Show Me the Way (Styx), Signs (Tesla), Rico Suave (Gerardo), I Touch Myself (The Divinyls), Losing My Religion (R.E.M.), Right Here Right Now (Jesus Jones), Summertime (DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince), Things That Make You Go Hmmm... (C+C Music Factory), Something To Talk About (Bonnie Raitt), and Shiny Happy People (R.E.M. - uncredited featuring of the B-52s' Kate Pierson).