SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %

Earworms: 1993

It is 1993.

Michael Jackson is the half-time show at the Superbowl, starting the era of big-name musical acts at halftime.  Oprah interviews Jackson, in his first in 14 years.  And he is investigated for child molestation for the first time.  Bobby Brown is arrested in Augusta, Georgia, for simulating a sex act on stage.  Elton John is forced to end a concert early due to an invasion of grasshoppers.  The Who's Tommy debuts on Broadway.  Depeche Mode holds an interview session on AOL, which encounters many technical difficulties, including band members not being able to log in to the chat.  Prince becomes The Artist Formerly Known as Prince.  Rappers Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg are both arrested for murder.  Guns N' Roses and New Order break up.  The Backstreet Boys form.

Big Hits: I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston), A Whole New World (Peabo Bryson & Regina Belle), That's the Way Love Goes (Janet Jackson), Can't Help Falling in Love (UB40), Dreamlover (Mariah Carey), I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) (Meatloaf), Again (Janet Jackson), Hero (Mariah Carey), In the Still of the Night (Boyz II Men), Deeper and Deeper (Madonna), Ordinary World (Duran Duran), I'm Every Woman (Whitney Houston), Nuthin' But a 'G' Thang (Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Doggy Dogg), Two Princes (Spin Doctors), Whoop! (There It Is) (Tag Team), I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) (The Proclaimers), The River of Dreams (Billy Joel), and Shoop (Salt-N-Pepa).