SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %
Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %
Cosmic Quest Cd (Bbc Audio)
Heather Couper
Firedrake's Eye
Patricia Finney
Progress: 15/249 pages

Earworms: 1994

It is 1994.

Michael Jackson marries Lisa Marie Presley.  The Woodstock '94 concert, celebrating the 25th anniversary of the 1969 concert, is held in Saugerties, New York.  Headliners include Bob Dylan, Crosby Stills & Nash, Metallica, Aerosmith, and The Red Hot Chili Peppers.  The lead singer of Blind Melon, Shannon Hoon, is forced to leave the American Music Awards ceremony on account of disruptive behavior, and is later arrested for assault, battery, resisting arrest, and attempting to destroy a police station.  The surviving Beatles (George Harrison, Paul McCartney, and Ringo Starr) secretly go into the studio to provide new backing tracks for unreleased work by John Lennon (a gift from Yoko Ono), with Jeff Lynne producing.  Grace Slick is arrested for pointing her shotgun at police in Tiburon, California.  Reopening of the legendary Fillmore club, in San Francisco, with a set from Smashing Pumpkins.  Pearl Jam files suit against Ticketmaster, claiming the latter is a monopoly.  The Eagles reform, which they had said they would do "when hell freezes over" - and launch their Hell Freezes Over tour.  They become the first band to charge over $100 for concert tickets.  Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes of TLC sets fire to her husband's shoes, inadvertently setting fire to their house.  Aerosmith becomes the first band to debut a song on the internet, in a deal with Compuserve.  Garbage, Smash Mouth, and Maroon 5 form.  Death of Kurt Cobain.

Big Hits: The Sign (Ace of Base), The Power of Love (Celine Dion), Bump n' Grind (R. Kelly), I Swear (All-4-One), I'll Make Love To You (Boyz II Men), On Bended Knee (Boyz II Men), Whatta Man (Salt-n-Pepa featuring En Vogue), Streets of Philadelphia (Bruce Springsteen), Loser (Beck), Any Time Any Place (Janet Jackson), Can You Feel the Love Tonight? (Elton John), Wild Night (John Mellencamp featuring Meshell Ndegeochello), Endless Love (Luther Vandross and Mariah Carey), All I Wanna Do (Sheryl Crow), and Secret (Madonna).