SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %
Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %
Cosmic Quest Cd (Bbc Audio)
Heather Couper
Firedrake's Eye
Patricia Finney
Progress: 15/249 pages

Earworms: 1995

It is 1995.

The Beatles release their first single in 25 years, Free as a Bird.  Rapper Tupac Shakur is sentenced to 1 1/2 to 4 1/2 years in prison on a sexual abuse charge.  His new album, Me Against the World, becomes the first to hit #1 while the artist is in prison.  Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee marries Pamela Anderson of Baywatch.  Bill Berry, drummer for R.E.M., suffers a brain aneurism while on stage in Switzerland, and has brain surgery two days later.  (It's a cursed tour for R.E.M.: Michael Stipe has hernia problems, and Mike Mills needs an appendectomy.)  Lyle Lovett wins two Grammy Awards, but breaks his collarbone and gets divorced from Julia Roberts.  The Grateful Dead perform their last show with Jerry Garcia at Soldier Field in Chicago, a month before his death at 53, from a heart attack.  Robbie Williams quits Take That.  The Black Eyed Peas, NSYNC, and Godsmack form.

Big Hits: Gangsta's Paradise (Coolio featuring L.V.), Creep (TLC), Take a Bow (Madonna), This Is How We Do It (Montell Jordan), Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman? (Bryan Adams), Waterfalls (TLC), Kiss From a Rose (Seal), You Are Not Alone (Michael Jackson), Fantasy (Mariah Carey), Exhale (Shoop, Shoop) (Whitney Houston), One Sweet Day (Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men), I'm the Only One (Melissa Ethridge), Hold My Hand (Hootie & The Blowfish), Total Eclipse of the Heart (Nikki French), Run Around (Blues Traveler), The Colors of the Wind (Vanessa Williams), Wonderwall (Oasis), Back for Good (Take That), Carnival (Natalie Merchant), and I Got ID (Pearl Jam featuring Neil Young).