SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %
Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %
Cosmic Quest Cd (Bbc Audio)
Heather Couper
Firedrake's Eye
Patricia Finney
Progress: 15/249 pages

August Roundup

Year of Wonders - Geraldine Brooks A Plague of Lies - Judith Rock Death Ex Machina (An Athenian Mystery) - Gary Corby A Duty to the Dead - Charles Todd The Red Book of Primrose House: A Potting Shed Mystery - Marty Wingate Sacred Treason - James Forrester

Despite a nasty book slump the last week or so, I managed six books this month, half of them 4 stars.

Best reads: Year of Wonders, by Geraldine Brooks (despite the bizarre epilogue), A Plague of Lies, by Judith Rock, and Death ex Machina, by Gary Corby.

No worst read, as nothing under 3 stars.  But Sacred Treason, by "James Forrester" (Ian Mortimer), was a slight disappointment - a rare case of a historical mystery where my problem, for once, was most definitely not on the historical side, which was done well, but with the plot/mystery element, which was too convoluted.

For September, I hope my book slump disappears!