SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %

Earworms: 2005

It is 2005.

Eight countries host the Live 8 concerts on July 2nd, headlined by Pink Floyd (including Roger Waters), U2, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Madonna, Robbie Williams, Will Smith, Stevie Wonder, Neil Young, and Green Day.  Michael Jackson is found "not guilty" of child molestation.  Lil' Kim is found guilty of lying to a federal jury, and sentenced to a year and a half in jail. Several countries host tsunami relief concerts, with headliners including Madonna, Eric Clapton, Avril Lavigne, the Barenaked Ladies, and Sarah McLachlan.  Cream reunites for a concert stand of four shows at the Royal Albert Hall.  Kylie Minogue cancels a world tour, due to a breast cancer diagnosis.  Eminem goes into rehab for sleeping pill dependency.  The fourth season of American Idol is won by Carrie Underwood.  NBC airs a concert for Hurricane Katrina relief, highlighted by Kanye West's comment "George Bush doesn't care about black people."  Guitar Hero is released for PlayStation 2.  Destiny's Child breaks up.

Big hits:  We Belong Together (Mariah Carey), Let Me Love You (Mario), Candy Shop (50 Cent featuring Olivia), Hollaback Girl (Gwen Stefani), Inside Your Heaven (Carrie Underwood), Gold Digger (Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx), Run It! (Chris Brown featuring Juelz Santana), Don't Forget About Us (Mariah Carey), I Don't Wanna Be (Gavin DeGraw), Disco Inferno (50 Cent), Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green Day), Since U Been Gone (Kelly Clarkson), American Idiot (Green Day), Rich Girl (Gwen Stefani featuring Eve), Caught Up (Usher), Lonely No More (Rob Thomas), Behind These Hazel Eyes (Kelly Clarkson), Switch (Will Smith), Don't Cha (Pussycat Dolls featuring Busta Rhymes), Pon de Replay (Rihanna), My Humps (Black Eyed Peas), Beverly Hills (Weezer), Hung Up (Madonna), Speed of Sound (Coldplay), and When I'm Gone (Eminem).