SusannaG

Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %

Earworms: 2006

It is 2006.

The Rolling Stones perform a free concert for two million people in Rio.  Bon Jovi goes country.  Taylor Swift is sixteen, and also a country artist; her first single, Tim McGraw, is a top-ten country hit, and cracks the US Top 40.  In the UK, Top of the Pops goes off the air, ending a 42-year run.  Tower Records declares bankruptcy for a second time, and is liquidated.  Closing of legendary New York City nightclub CBGB, the birthplace of punk and new wave, due to a rent dispute.

Big hits: Bad Day (Daniel Powter), Laffy Taffy (D4L), Grillz (Nelly featuring Wall Paul, Ali & Gipp), Check on It (Beyonce featuring Bun B and Slim Thug), You're Beautiful (James Blount), So Sick (Ne-Yo), Temperature (Sean Paul), Ridin' (Chamillionaire featuring Krayzie Bone), SOS (Rihanna), Promiscuous (Nelly Furtado featuring Wyclef Jean), Hips Don't Lie (Shakira featuring Wyclef John), Do I Make You Proud (Taylor Hicks), London Bridge (Fergie), SexyBack (Justin Timberlake), Money Maker (Ludacris featuring Pharrell), My Love (Justin Timberlake featuring T.T.), Irreplaceable (Beyonce), Unwritten (Natasha Beddingfield), Shake That (Eminem featuring Nate Dogg), What Hurts the Most (Rascal Flatts), Unfaithful (Rihanna), Life is a Highway (Rascal Flatts), I Write Sins Not Tragedies (Panic! at the Disco), Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol), White & Nerdy (Weird Al Yankovic), and Wind It Up (Gwen Stefani).