SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %

The Royal We

The Royal We - Jessica  Morgan, Heather Cocks

Once upon a time an American girl from Iowa, Rebecca, followed her twin sister (Lacey) to Cornell.  Then "Bex" took the opportunity to go on "junior year abroad" to study at Pembroke College, Oxford - the first time in her life away from her twin sister.  There she is attracted to, and catches the eye of, the handsome young man down her hall.

Unluckily for both of them, he's the most eligible bachelor in the world, her family is both American and most famous for inventing the Couchinator (half couch, half refrigerator), and her twin sister is addicted to being the center of attention at all times.  Things are not going to be easy for anyone concerned.

If you're thinking this is Will and Kate fan fiction, I think you're right.  The names have been changed, however, as has the royal family and its details.

It was OK, though I'm surprised I didn't get contact alcohol poisoning.  The people in this novel drink like fish, to use a phrase of my grandmother's.  It's also a bit too long.  I see a sequel is planned - I think I'll pass.