SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %
Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %
Cosmic Quest Cd (Bbc Audio)
Heather Couper
Firedrake's Eye
Patricia Finney
Progress: 15/249 pages

New Glasses!

I've been out of town for a week (if BL is going to have technical issues every time I go out of town, y'all watch out in mid-September; I have a knitting retreat), and I've gotten new glasses.

I went to see the first new eye doctor I've had since the mid-1970s, when I was a child of ten - he's very nice - but the oddest thing was the eye test itself.  All I could see were persistent "ghosts" of superimposed letters.

Turns out I have cataracts.  He went, "that's a bit unusual at your age," until I told him I was just off steriods, which I had been on for 12 years.  Apparently it's a known possible side effect.  (Well, known if you're an eye doctor!)

Luckily, they're very small cataracts and correctable with new lenses, which I picked up earlier this afternoon.  I can see again!

It's nice to see.  Recently only reading ebooks (with glasses off) has been comfortable - I look forward to reading things in paper again, now, as well.