SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %
Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %
Cosmic Quest Cd (Bbc Audio)
Heather Couper

Book Blog Tag

I was tagged by, I believe, both Murder by Death and Nerdy Birdie.  Thanks!

How long have you been a blogger?

I migrated here from GR in September, 2013, during the Great GoodReads Censorship Debacle.  I was hesitant about the blogging format, but I like it.  Among other things, I find I review books more frequently, which is great.

At what point do you think you'll stop?

I have no plans to stop.  (Though life sometimes has other plans.  And I worry about this site going poof.)

What's the best thing?

Learning about really cool-looking new books that I would probably not have heard of otherwise.

I also appreciate the control BL gives us over our own feed.

What's the worst thing?  What do you do to make it OK?

When I wake up in the morning and find several hundred new notifications!  (When I'm glad email notifications are down, frankly.)  Luckily my time is my own and I do read all of them.  (Though if I can't be near a computer for several days, as happened last week - for a good reason, as I was visiting family - I might not read all the intervening posts in my feed.  I think because at a certain point I suffer from eye fatigue if I try.)

How long does it take you to create or find pictures to use?

I just discovered how to post pictures in the last month or so - it's very exciting!  I don't generally post gifs, but stick with still pictures, and try to pick ones that illustrate what I'm talking about.  It doesn't generally take me long, if I know what I'm looking for.

I don't have a digital camera, or a scanner, so I don't post personal pictures.

Who is your book crush?

This may not mean much to most of you, as this is from a book (and series) long out of print, but Cabot Murray.  (The novel is Yankee Stranger, by Elswyth Thane.)

Which author would you like to have on your blog?

I'm reading this as "which author would you like to have on your feed?" and I think my answer is "Geoffrey Chaucer."

What do you wear when you write your blog posts?

What next, an age/sex check?  I feel like I'm on the AOL boards c. 1997 again.  (I was playing a lot of trivia then.  Good times.)

Uh, clothes?  Right now I'm wearing a pair of brown slacks and a striped polo.  (And bedroom slippers, because they're comfortable and I don't intend to leave the house anytime soon.)

How long does it take you to prepare?

Varies widely.  Sometimes it takes half an hour or less.  Other posts I'm thinking about while I'm finishing the book, and some non-book things I marinate for days.  (Currently something's been marinating a month or more.  We'll see if anything comes of it.)

How do you feel about the book blogger community?

I love it here at BookLikes.  I particularly love the community that's grown up here.  I hope the management gets their technical issues straightened out.  Their communicating with the wonderful community that's grown up here more would help a great deal.

I have lost all comprehension of who's been tagged already, so if you're reading this, it sounds like fun, and you haven't already done it, consider yourself tagged!