SusannaG

Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %
Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %
Cosmic Quest Cd (Bbc Audio)
Heather Couper
Firedrake's Eye
Patricia Finney
Progress: 15/249 pages

Halloween Book Bingo Update - 12 Read AND FINALLY A BINGO

I have just read The India Fan, by Victoria Holt, which I am using for the Gothic square.  And that is a bingo, straight across the middle row!

So my spaces/books read are (Bingo marked with an asterisk):

Read by Candlelight/Flashlight: Survivor in Death, by J.D. Robb - another in Robb's long-running mystery romance series set in c.2060 New York City.  I think this is #20.  It's only about halfway through the series now, I believe.

Witches: Wyrd Sisters, by Terry Pratchett - second book in the "Witches" subseries of Discworld.  Hamlet and MacBeth had a baby, and it's a comedy.

Scary Women (Authors): A Great Reckoning, by Louise Penny - 12th in the Armand Gamache mystery novels, which are set in Canada (mostly in the area of Three Pines, Quebec).

Reads with BookLikes Friends: Hound of the Baskervilles, by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - which would also qualify for "genre: mystery" or "fall into a good book."

*Grave or Graveyard: Graveyard Book, by Neil Gaiman - the charming tale of a boy raised by the residents of a cemetery.

*Genre: Mystery: Thrice the Brinded Cat Hath Mew'd, by Alan Bradley - a Flavia de Luce historical mystery set in the early 1950s, featuring better detection through chemistry.

*Free Space: First Lord's Fury, by Jim Butcher - lots and lots of vord (giant spiders).

*Gothic: The India Fan, by Victoria Holt - featuring the rector's daughter, the son of the local gentry, blackmail, murder, the Indian Mutiny, and a cursed peacock fan.

*Creepy Crawlies: Princeps' Fury, by Jim Butcher - still more vord.

Fall into a Good Book: Sidney Chambers and the Shadow of Death, by James Runcie - Connected short stories, at least a third of which are set in the autumn.

Full Moon: The Girl Who Chased the Moon, by Sarah Addison Allen - charming tale of second chances in small-town North Carolina.  Would also fit "magical realism."

Vampires vs. Werewolves: The Immortal Who Loved Me, by Lyndsay Sands - cheesy (very cheesy!) paranormal romance about telepathic vampire life mates from Atlantis.

I actually got a bingo!