SusannaG

Elizabeth: The Forgotten Years
John Guy
Progress: 20/512 pages

Well, I've Voted

I am just back from voting.  The line was incredible - my mother, who has voted every election since 1960, says it was the longest voting line she's ever been in.  (A food truck could have made a fortune.  Where were you, Henry's Hog Crawler, with the barbecue?)  We were in line over an hour (I figure we were in line about an hour and ten or fifteen minutes) - the lady in front of us said she came out with her husband to (try to) vote when the polls opened at 7 AM, and they were at least that long then.

I can't even imagine what the line will look like in the evening rush, about 6 o'clock this evening!

And we were lucky - I've already heard tales of people waiting more than 2 hours to vote in Charlotte, NC.

I shall be interested to see what the local, state, and national turnout levels are this time.