SusannaG

Queen's Gambit: A Novel
Elizabeth Fremantle
Progress: 22 %

The Disappearing Spoon

The Disappearing Spoon: And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements - Sam Kean

This book is a fun romp through chemistry's periodic table, and an enjoyable read.  Sam Kean has a real knack for picking stories about the elements (and the creation of the table itself) that are not only informative, but make entertaining reading.

Kean focuses on the personalities of the scientists and their rivalries with each other, as well as the science itself, which makes it very approachable reading for non-scientists who would like to learn a little about chemistry.  I'd recommend this for anyone looking for a good popular science read.