SusannaG

Progress: 20 %
Colin Falconer
Progress: 15 %

March Reading Roundup

Twilight of the Belle Epoque: The Paris of Picasso, Stravinsky, Proust, Renault, Marie Curie, Gertrude Stein, and Their Friends Through the Great War - Mary McAuliffe The Normans: From Raiders to Kings - Lars Brownworth The Iron King - Maurice Druon Murder On The Ballarat Train  - Kerry Greenwood A Right to Die - Rex Stout, David Stout The Magicians: A Novel - Lev Grossman Lady Fortescue Steps Out  - M.C. Beaton

The best book I read in March (and my best new read so far this year): Twilight of the Belle Epoque.  I really recommend this story of the lives of Paris' cultural elite from 1900 through World War I.  Honorable mention: The Normans: From Raiders to Kings, and The Iron King, both great, 4-star reads.

No book was a "worst" this month, as I gave nothing under 3 stars, but Lev Grossman's The Magicians was easily the most frustrating read.  At some points while reading it, I was on the verge of giving it four stars, and at others, I wanted to slam it with two.  It was also the book I've found most hard to rate recently.  My biggest problem was with the main character, who evidently learns nothing while whining continuously.  It has sequels, but I doubt I will read them.

Here's to good reads for April!