SusannaG

Queen's Gambit: A Novel
Elizabeth Fremantle
Progress: 22 %

Book a Day #15: Best Beach Read

Spook: Science Tackles the Afterlife - Mary Roach Princess Daisy - Judith Krantz

I don't read on the beach; my knees are not up to it anymore, and the sun is too bright - I am a bit light sensitive.  I do like to read on a porch at the beach, in the shade, with a nice cold Coke or a lemonade at my side.  And when I do, I like a nice fat juicy read, possibly verging off into "guilty pleasures" territory, or something light and funny.  (The 80s were a good decade for this kind of reading, actually.)

I had a whale of a time once at the beach with Spook: Science Discovers the Afterlife, by Mary Roach.  (The bit about a 1928 North Carolina court which took testimony from a ghost had me rolling in the aisles.)

But I almost went with Judith Krantz's Princess Daisy.  Just so you know.