SusannaG

1913: The Eve of War
Paul Ham
Progress: 20 %

September Book a Day #1: Favorite Book(s) About Books

The Uncommon Reader - Alan Bennett The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde 84, Charing Cross Road - Helene Hanff Lost in a Good Book - Jasper Fforde The Well of Lost Plots - Jasper Fforde

I had a hard time picking just one, so I didn't.

Alan Bennett's The Uncommon Reader has Queen Elizabeth II becoming a voracious reader (blame her local bookmobile).

Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series features not only literary detectives, but jumping in and out of books, as well as footnoter phones, literary characters as detectives, and the characters of Wuthering Heights in anger management class.  (Note: read these in order or they will make no sense at all.)

Helene Hanff's 84, Charing Cross Road is a series of real letters exchanged between Ms. Hanff and the staff of a London bookshop from the 1940s through the end of the 60s, and is full of the love of books.