SusannaG

Queen's Gambit: A Novel
Elizabeth Fremantle
Progress: 22 %

Giggling at GR Recommendations

On Growth and Form - D'Arcy Wentworth Thompson Trilobite: Eyewitness to Evolution - Richard Fortey I Will Bear Witness: A Diary of the Nazi Years, 1933-1941 - Victor Klemperer, Martin Chalmers Splintered Light: Logos and Language in Tolkien's World - Verlyn Flieger Borrowed Time: An AIDS Memoir - Paul Monette Shakespeare After All - Marjorie Garber Crucible of War: The Seven Years' War and the Fate of Empire in British North America, 1754-1766 - Fred Anderson Little Britches: Father and I Were Ranchers - Ralph Moody Endurance - Frank Arthur Worsley, Patrick O'Brian

I recently read The Riddle of the Labyrinth, which is about ancient Greece and Crete, the Minoans and Myceneans, linguistics, and the decipherment of Linear B.

Here is what GR thought that meant I'd like:

On Growth and Form, by D'Arcy Wentworth Thompson  ("Analyzing the mathematical and biological aspects of biological processes," and published in 1917.)

All About Braising: The Art of Uncomplicated Cooking, by Molly Stevens

George F. Kennan: An American Life, by John Lewis Gaddis

The Chicago Manual of Style

Trilobite: Eyewitness to Evolution, by Richard Fortey

I Will Bear Witness: A Diary of the Nazi Years, 1942-1945, by Victor Klemperer

Splintered Light: Logos and Language in Tolkien's World, by Verlyn Flieger

Borrowed Time: An AIDS Memoir, by Paul Monette

Shakespeare After All, by Marjorie Garber

Crucible of War: The Seven Years' War and the Fate of Empire in British North America, 1754-1766, by Fred Anderson

Little Britches: Father and I Were Ranchers, by Ralph Moody

Victorian Lace Today, by Jane Sowerby (a knitting book)

A Thousand Days: John F. Kennedy in the White House, by Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.

Endurance, by Frank Arthur Worsley (antarctic exploration)

The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe, by Theodore Gray

Say what?

I'm still giggling.  That recommendations engine of theirs still needs some work, if this is anything to go by!