SusannaG - Confessions of a Crazy Cat Lady

Progress: 20/512 pages
Lady Cop Makes Trouble
Amy Stewart

September Book a Day #17: Favorite Literary Detective

The Eyre Affair - Jasper Fforde Dark Fire - C.J. Sansom A Great Deliverance - Elizabeth  George The Beekeeper's Apprentice (Mary Russell, #1) - Laurie R. King Fer-de-Lance - Rex Stout, Loren D. Estleman The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes -  Arthur Conan Doyle The Pericles Commission - Gary Corby Whose Body? - Dorothy L. Sayers

If we're talking a literal "literary detective," it must be Thursday Next!

If we're talking favorite detective in literature, I find it hard to pick just one.  I love Matthew Shardlake (a Tudor lawyer, working first for Cromwell, and then for Cranmer and Queen Catherine Parr - his cases sometimes involve murder investigations), Barbara Havers (I don't love Lyndley as much as Elizabeth George does; but no book of hers can have too much Havers), Mary Russell Holmes, Nero Wolfe and Archie Goodwin (confound it!), Nicomides and Diotima (who work for Pericles), Sherlock Holmes, and, of course, the magnificent Lord Peter Wimsey.